Women empowerment in today’s world has opened opportunities for women in all fields. Apart from being a home maker, a woman can be a completely independent individual, provided that she is provided with a healthy working body and mind. The women of today’s world have greater facilities as compared to our ancestors with upgraded medical knowledge, sanitary supplies and access to health care facilities in majority areas
TYPES OF WOMEN HEALTH
- PHYSICAL HEALTH: this includes all aspects of physical women health essentially including a healthy menstrual cycle, pregnancy, child birth, post partum care, menopause and challenges faced by the body due to post menopausal affects
- MENTAL HEALTH: women are more likely to suffer from mental diseases and disorders such as depression and more complex mental diseases. Financial, emotional and social security leads to the wellbeing of mental health of a woman
ADVANTAGES OF WOMEN HEALTH:
- A mother or woman who is healthy can better nurture to the needs of her children and household and will be more responsible and can be depended upon.
- Good health brings along joy and happiness. A happy woman is a strong woman
- Women Health also includes mental health including anxiety, depression and panic attacks. If a woman is free from these, she would be independent and will be able to better perform her roles in all phases of life
- A healthy women would be able to provide her services efficiently at her job, thus optimizing outcome of her job for the betterment of her organization
THE WOMEN HEALTH ADVANTAGE (WHA) PROGRAM:
Apart from many other organizations ensuring provision of Health Care Facilities, the Women Health Advantage (WHA) is an organization in Indiana, USA which aims to provide women with a better and healthy life. It is an association of specialized Physicians and Surgeons and is the largest in Indiana.
The Women Health Advantage has four clinics operating at different locations. The services provided by them include:
- Laboratory Services
- DEXA scans
Currently, the Women Health Advantage (WHA) comprises of a team of 23 physicians and 11 nurses making sure to provide excellent medical facilities for the best outcomes in interest of Women.
LEADING MEMBERS OF WOMEN HEALTH ADVANTAGE (WHA) PROGRAM:
Dr Deladisma and Dr Podzielinski are the two prominent figures of Women Health Advantage program. They are specialized physicians in the fields of Breast Surgical Oncology and diagnosis and treatment of female cancers including ovarian, peritoneal, fallopian tube, uterine and cervical, respectively.
NEED OF MORE CENTRES LIKE WOMEN HEALTH ADVANTAGE (WHA):
The need of more medical facilities in smaller cities, suburbs and rural areas is growing day by day. If more successful centers are introduced by the government and NGOs, we can hope for a better, healthier and more secure future for Women of all ages. More emphasis on Women health is given as compared to men because women outnumber men in population all over the world and are entrusted with greater tasks and challenges by Mother Nature compared to men.