Technology transfer is the procedure by which technology or knowledge created in one spot or for one reason for existing is connected and used somewhere else for some other reason.
The expression “technology transfer” historically has been connected with federal exercises; be that as it may, the procedure is not limited to the administration. The most well-known type of technology transfer happens between federal laboratories and non federal organizations, for example, private industry, academia, and state and neighborhood governments.
The Federal Laboratory Consortium for Technology Transfer – formally contracted by Congress to facilitate technology transfer in the United States — built up the accompanying definition that obliges the technology transfer exercises of a wide assortment of federal offices and their research and development laboratories and focuses.
Technology transfer is the procedure by which existing knowledge, offices, or capacities created under federal research and development (R&D) subsidizing are used to satisfy open and private needs.
Technology transfer can likewise happen between federal offices, despite the fact that the essential accentuation is on transfers to a wide range of non federal organizations, however not as a matter of course from a federal office to another gathering. There are opportunities that exist for technology to be transferred from outside organizations into the federal government to advantage the laboratories’ missions.
Illustrations of procedures include:
- Commercial transfer of technology for use in government applications
- Secondary utilization of technology grew uncommonly for government applications
- Technology produced for non government applications
- Transfer of mission-related technology between government organizations
- Collaborative R&D in the middle of government and non government substances
- Technical help
Samples of types of transfer technology include:
- Exporting resources – communitarian understandings or volunteer administrations that give expertise to outside organizations
- Commercial transfer – transfer of knowledge or technology from government to business organizations for potential or new/enhanced advancements
- Importing resources – an agreeable exertion that brings outside technology (pull) into the office/laboratory to upgrade its main goal
- Scientific dissemination – the multi directional sharing of government, industry, and scholastic distributions.
- Dual-use – development of innovations that have “double” or business/government applications
The long haul objective of technology transfer is to manage economic development within a reasonable time frame through the development and commercialization of new innovations. In the worldwide economy, its association with different countries straightforwardly influences the abundance of one country. With the abundance of knowledge and expertise the U.S. has in its scientists and engineers, the U.S. is situated to contend in the worldwide marketplace. Federal technology transfer projects are planned to take advantage of R&D and the expertise found in both government and non government organizations.
Their expertise has empowered our customers to exploit the mechanical and economic benefits of technology transfer, including:
- Leveraging rare R&D spending plan dollars
- Maximizing profit for R&D consumption
- Access to cutting edge or novel expertise, technology, resources, and offices
- Rapid commercialization of new items or procedures
- Increased efficiency, intensity, and cost-effectiveness