When you are pregnant, there is nothing worse than having aching legs. It is not only uncomfortable, but it can also be debilitating. The good news is that once the baby is born, this discomfort will often go away. Here are a few ways that you can prevent these aches and enjoy your pregnancy.
· Stretching – when you do daily stretches it will help to strengthen the muscles in your leg.
· Water – Keeping your body hydrated is very important during pregnancy. It is recommended that you take in a minimum of 6 glasses of water each day.
· Don’t Stand for Prolonged Periods – when you stand for prolonged periods of time it can make the situation worse. If you must be on your feet, you should try to shift your weight every so often.
· Meditate – Meditation is a great way to relieve stress and prevent leg aches. Yoga is a great way to exercise and meditate.
· Don’t Cross Your Legs – Crossing your legs actually prevents proper circulation through the veins in your legs. For this very reason, it is important to not cross your legs when sitting. If this is a habit, then it may take a bit of time to break. Try to break it early on in the pregnancy instead of waiting until you are far along.
What Causes Achy Legs?
Nearly half of all pregnant women experience aching legs at night time. It is really uncomfortable, and it can even affect them during their day to day routines. Most women want to know what exactly it is that causes this pain. Most of the time, it is due to poor circulation during pregnancy. The pain can be anywhere from mild or moderate to severe.
There are also other changes that occur during pregnancy, such as spider veins and leg weakness. These changes can ultimately cause leg soreness and pain. Most of the time these changes happen because of changes in hormones and physical activity level.
Significant Factors to Consider
Many pregnant women will sufer from redness and tenderness on their calves. They may also have to deal with other unpleasant conditions such as backaches, shortness of breath, and frequent headaches. When women have a healthy and active lifestyle and exercise on a daily basis, they will have better circulation. Improved circulation can not only help with the leg issues, but it can also help relieve headaches and other ailments.